Skip To Content


Forms, Permits & Applications

Select from the list below to take you directly to the area of interest.
Building Department
Clerk's Office
Tax Forms
Legal Department
Community and Economic Development
Engineering Department

Building Department

Building Permits

Building Permits are required for major structural changes and renovations as well as new construction and demolition. At this time, permits are not required for siding or windows, as long as no other major modification is underway. Please remember that building materials must be disposed of correctly, utilizing dumpsters or other vehicles which are privately transferred to appropriate landfills.
Contact us by email or phone:  (313) 252-0050, ext. 209
  Building Permit
  Concrete Permit
  Contractor Registration
  Contractor Registration II
  Contractor Registration Form
  Deck Construction Guide
  Electrical Permit
  Fee Schedule details and policies
  Fence Permit
  Fire Suppression and Fire Alarm Permit Procedure
  Furnace Inspection
  Handout Chart
  Highland Park Fees
  Highland Park Non-Owner Occupied Certificate
  Hiring a Contractor
  Homeowner Affidavit
  Inspection Tags
  Mechanical Permit
  Plumbing Permit
  Returned Permit Form
  Sign Permit
  Stop Work Order
  Vinyl Siding

Clerk's Office

  Absent Voter Ballot Application
  Election Inspector Application
  Mail-In Voter Registration Form
  Temporary Street Closing Application
  Business License Application


Tax Forms

 2018HP-1040 Form and Instructions

Prior Year HP-1040

 2017HP-1040 Form and Instructions
 2016HP-1040 Form and Instructions
2015HP-1040 Residential and Non Residential Tax
2014HP-1040 Form and Instructions

  HP Application for Extension of Time to File
  HP-1040X Amended Tax Return
  2017 HP-1040ES Estimated Quarterly Payment Voucher
  2017 HP-1040ES Estimated Tax Instructions
  HP-1065 Partnership Return and Instructions
  HP-1120 Corporate Return and Instructions
  HPW-4 Employee Withholding Certificate
  HP-SS4 Employer Withholding Registration
  HP-501 Monthly Withholding Vouchers
  HP-941 Quarterly Withholding Vouchers
  HP-941/501 Instructions

For additional information, call (313) 800-5233 ext. 363 or ext. 364.
Send completed forms, schedules and documentation to:

City of Highland Park
Income Tax Division
PO Box 239
Eaton Rapids, MI 48827-0239

Employment Forms

  Employment Application
  Police Employment Application

Legal Department

  Animal Complaint Form
  Citizen Claim Form
  FOIA Request Form

Community and Economic Development

Rental Registration

  Non-owner Occupied Certificate Program Vacant Property
  Rental Application
  Rental Inspection Log

Vacant Property

Vacant Property Registration

Purchase of Land and/or Property - Policy and Forms

Offer to Purchase Policy
RESIDENT Offer To Purchase Application
NON - RESIDENT Commercial Offer to Purchase Policy

Film Policy

New Film Policy   (Highland Park welcomes your film production).

Developer Intake Form

Developer Intake Form

Developers interested in purchasing and/or developing City owned land/property are to complete and return the Developer Intake form and include all the required documents per the instructions.

Sign Permit

Sign Permit Application

Review & Approval must be granted by the City prior to the erection of any sign in the City of Highland Park. For review and approval please complete and submit the Sign Application to the Department of Community & Economic Development.

Zoning Requests

Zoning Application

Complete and submit the Zoning Application to the Department of Community & Economic Development with the required documents per instructions for the following requests:

  •      Variance Request
  •      Zoning code interpretation
  •      Special Land Use
  •      Zoning Ordinance amendment hearings
  •      Lot split/Combination
  •      Alley or Street Vacations
  •      Ruling Appeals
  •      (Any conditions or use changes or amendments to the City's zoning)

Please note that all non-administrative requests will require review of application and recommendation to the Zoning Board by the Planning Commission.  Changes in the Zoning code will also require a public notification and hearing.

Engineering Department

Commercial Site Plan Approval Application
Engineering Department Fee Schedule