Our goal at the Highland Park Fire Department is to provide the citizens within its borders the best fire protection possible.
Fire Department Awarded $1.5 Million Grant
Call 911 for emergencies!
The Highland Park Fire Department came into existence in 1917 along with the incorporation of the City. Over the years the Fire Department has undergone and survived many challenging situations. In the early years the Department had four fire stations located within the City’s boundaries employing approximately 84 firefighters at its peak along with two fire Marshall’s, dispatchers, secretaries, mechanics, and radio operators. In 1985, the Fire and Police Departments were merged into a Public Safety Department due to the economy and shrinking population.
In 2005 the Fire and Police Departments were separated back into individual departments. Firefighting has changed tremendously through the decades; in the beginning the focus was fire extinguishment now the focus includes fire safety, prevention, education, awareness, inspections, hazardous materials and updated training techniques.
In the last year we have revamped our inventory to Emergency One apparatus only. We have three E-One pumpers, two of which are equipped with 40-gallon foam tanks; one 95 ft. E-One aerial platform, and a newly purchased 110 ft. aerial ladder truck. Our last project was the purchase of an air light unit which is a mobile air compressor that will allow us to keep our self-breathing apparatus (SCBA) breathing tanks full at all times for rescue and fire extinguishment and to illuminate the fire ground.
Chief Kevin Coney
Lt. Eric Hollowell
Sgt. Stuart Jackson
Sgt. Nate Erwin
+ 16 Dedicated Fire Fighters of the Department
Fire Inspections: $150.00
Fire Reports: $10.00