Monday - Thursday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Friday 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Saturday prior to every election
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Hours may be impacted due to the pandemic,
please call to verify.
313.252.0050 extension 220
- Chief Elections Officer for the City of Highland Park
- Clerk to the City Council
- Custodian of all official records & Keeper of City Seal
The objectives of the Clerk’s office are to provide professional and accurate information with courtesy and respect. Additionally, information requested outside the realm of the Clerk’s office will be disseminated to the appropriate department and/or agency.
- Absentee Ballot Application
- Business License Application
- City Charter ($5) (electronic version available under Government)
- Council Agendas and Minutes (view or print agendas and/or minutes from 2012 and later; go to Reference, Agendas and Minutes, City Council )
- Copies of City Ordinances ($1 per page)
- Dog License:To obtain a dog license, residents must provide a current shot record and photo of the dog. Cost is $20 per dog. Online Dog License Application (First time users must register using a valid email address)
- Election Information
- Election Inspector Application
- Fireworks Application
- Notary Services ($10)
- Parade Application ($10)
- Park Listing
- Precinct/District Map & Polling Location
- Street Closing Request Form
- Vending License Application
- Voter Registration Application
for persons born in Highland Park may be obtained through the Wayne County Clerk;s Office or the State of Michigan:
Wayne County Clerk’s Office
C.A.Y.M.C. Room #2
2 Woodward Avenue
Detroit, MI 48226
State of Michgan
Vital Records Office
P.O. Box #30721
Lansing, MI 48909
2022 Election Dates
August 2, 2022 Sample Ballot
Residents new to Highland Park may register to vote at:
- the City Clerk's Office
- any Secretary of State Branch Office
- certain state agencies
or by mail (voter registration application available above)
You are qualified to vote if:
- You are at least 18 years of age by election day.
- You are a citizen of the United States.
- You are a resident of Highland Park for at least 30 days before the election.
- You are not serving a sentence in jail or prison.
The last day to register in any manner other than in person at our office, is 15 days before election day. Anyone wishing to register to vote 14 days or less, up to and including on election day, must do so at the City Clerk’s Office with photo identification and proof of residency.
Voter registration is permanent, however if you move from one community to another or change your name, you must re-register to vote. State law requires that you register to vote at the address shown on your Michigan Driver’s License.
The State of Michigan allows for absentee voting in any election for every registered elector, no reason required. The Highland Park Clerk’s Office has a Permanent Absent Voter List. Registered voters placed on the permanent absent voter list will be mailed an absent voter application for every election in the City of Highland Park. Each time you receive an application you must complete, sign and return the application in order to receive an absent voter ballot. To be placed on the Permanent Absent Voter List please call or visit our office.
The Ballot Drop-Box is located in the municipal parking lot on California St.
If you do not wish to be a permanent absentee voter, applications to vote absentee may be requested as needed for any election.